Sunday, December 30, 2012

Haydn's wishing rock


This is a picture of both sides of my favourite pebble. It looks similar in size to your 'Wishing Rock'. If you had found this, would it have been called a 'Wishing Rock'?. Presumably this was a treasured description within your family John or do you have knowledge of others referring to such a stone in the same way?.

I can't remember when I actually found mine but it was a favourite and it came from the Lidden beach. We moved to Weston super Mare in 1975 and when a concrete path was set to run up to my shed, this stone along with others was laid in a shallow bed of concrete alongside the path.  

In 2005 we had some fresh landscaping done which included covering old paths with slabs. 
Some of the pebbles were removed but strangely enough, my favourite pebble was the only one I kept.

No comments: