Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday's science class hike........


Today's class, August 8th, focused on the Manhattan Bomb Project, especially David Hawkins, Oppie's friend and personal assistant, and my friend for over 30 years.


So, today, 22nd July, I organized a hike for those senior scientists who could walk............that meant not taking four of my class, but I will take them in my car sometime soon for a scenic drive.

Galisteo Basin Preserve, a nearby beauty spot,  was the place we went to, leaving the center around 8.45.

After parking our cars and checking that everyone had water, I fed the goldfish in the huge water trough, and we began our hike - Joan, Bob, John, Linda and her sister, Doris, and me................................and, as it was a somewhat cooler morning, we walked for about 45 minutes, then explored one of the many beautiful arroyos.

The rocks were so beautiful and everyone had a super time............then, after about 20 minutes looking for the best pebbles, Doris and Joan, both fatiqued, headed back to the cars.

After a few more minutes, the remaining group went back to the trail and walked slowly back to our starting point.

When we got to the cars, Bob and Joan were there, waiting, but Doris was nowhere to be seen.

Making sure that Lind and her sister, Bob and Joan, were ok, I told them to return to the center, leaving John and I to search for Doris.
An hour later, we found her, wandering around in an arroyo.

Phew!
That experience scared me!! 


No comments: