Monday, August 12, 2019

Feeding the goldfish



Not long ago, Jeannine and I discovered the most fabulous nature walk in Galisteo Basin Reserve, an open area about ten minutes from my home...........a winding path through ancient trees, flowers, grasses and lichen-covered rocks - and eye-catching dried river beds.

Once the home to Native Americans, we walked for about an hour, eventually resting on the most fabulous large rock.











One of the interesting bits of the walk was the water-well and windmill at the beginning of the hike.

Someone, some time ago, had put in a large number of beautiful goldfish...................and now, of course, feeding them has become a daily feature of my daily walk in the countryside.

It's funny - I stand, with my tin of goldfish food in my hand,  and gaze and they all come towards me...........I throw a handful of fish flakes on the water surface, and, crikey, they go crazy!!

They LOVE it!











No comments: