Friday, March 20, 2020

February 27th, , 1960........60 years ago!!


Woke up with this on my mind.....................thinking today was the anniversary of my table tennis victory in the Cornwall County championships.

When I searched and found a copy of 21 UP, the records of table tennis in Cornwall, between
1951 - 1972, I read that it was 60 years ago last month, February 27th, when I won the Cornwall County Table Tennis Junior Championships, at long last. YEAH!!!!

THIS is my bat!!

I'm second on the left.............. Here's the 1957 picture. Here's the record: Junior singles: J. Paull, Penzance, beat B. Davis, Torpoint 16-21, 21-18, 21-19. Junior Doubles: J. Paull and F. Smith beat B. Davis and A. Hocking 21-15, 17-21, 23-21. Here's the bat I used in the photo above.:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi John Paul,
I would love to play some table tennis but have no access to a table. Any ideas? It seems like this is something we could do and keep social distance especially when you are retrieving my slams.
Dave