Thursday, June 11, 2015

And see what I found when we went for a walk....!



Me and Jeannine, out for a walk in the nearby beautiful countryside on a beautiful sunny day......Gateway Mesa, my fav place of rocks and lichen and rocks and pebbles galore, oh, and really old, gnarled, bonzai trees just making a living in cracks in giant boulders...........


At the Gateway Mesa...........we were looking for this and that and the other.......and I found THIS!!



I had no idea what it was........was it man-made? Made by Mother Nature? 
No idea......I picked it up and cupped it in my hand........


and carried on walking, star-shaped thingy resting in my hand...........looking at the beautiful sedum in flower......:) and the tempting pieces of petrified wood buried in the soil......


........and, then, Jeannine spotted a spotty young frog, well camouflaged against the lichen-covered rock.........

When we got home, the 'thingy' in my hand was shrivelled............so I put it straight away in a pocket museum.......and closed the lid tightly.

Jeannine went on the computer and discovered it was a fungus..............called an Earth Star.......or a Pepper Pot.........also she also learned it was poisonous...........

Guess who had held it in his hand for about an hour!!!!!
Now shriveled - and now looking more like a fungus.......

Here it will stay, forever and a day.......

I did breathe in some of its spores, though! TWIT!!

No comments: