Saturday, January 5, 2013

From Wright Harvey, former PGS student, 1950s.


Hi John,  

I  was at school with you at PGS although I was a year younger, I remember playing table tennis with you , Gilbert Gray, Lional Thomas etc.

I am in Essex at the moment but we still have mums house in Newlyn where we spend most of the summer months. (what summer)

I did not see the article in The Cornishman , but a friend in Hayle sent me your Email add.

I understand that you have written a book !  What is its title ? 

I have kept a few contacts  in the area there and else where.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best A. Wright Harvey



Hi J.

 I too was teacher . Not so academic  as you . 

However I attended The Outward Bound School Devon during the 6th form, and it changed the direction of my life.   I taught in 3 schools in Bristol and Essex where I ran the Duke Of Edinburgh's Award Scheme also running the Essex Teachers Winter Mountaineering Courses for 10 years, and the Essex Teachers Sea Kayaking Courses for 3 years.

Obviously I was, & am,  totally convinced in the power  of Adventure Education to change lives.  I am not so naive to think Ad Ed is the only way, but from my experience it certainly works with many young people.

Best Wright

No comments: