Sunday, November 9, 2014

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

As I swept my deck this morning, I noticed something on the floor that made my pulse beat really, really fast! Was it what I thought it was?

I picked it up, and, yep.................it was.........it really was............AN OWL PELLET!!



The Great Horned owl that often sits at the top of out tallest fir tree, left it for me.........

THANK YOU!!




Normally I carefully take out the bones from a pellet, bleach them in hydrogen peroxide,  and mount them in a pocket museum:



But not this time.

This pellet, because it was left FOR me, will be kept intact and put into an OXO tin pocket museum........all on its own...........
'cos it's SO special!!!!!

And I'll show it to all the kids I work with.....they'll LOVE it!!







PLEASE come again, you beautiful bird,  
and leave me another!!






No comments: