Thursday, September 18, 2014

The BEST thing Beryl ever saw on a classroom door....

Beryl, teacher colleague from way back in the 1970's, has recently retired from teaching.

She sent me this (the best thing she'd ever seen on a teacher's door) which I'd like to share with teacher readers of my blog:

A PEOPLE PLACE

If this is not a place where tears are understood,
Where can I go to cry?

If this is not a place where my spirit can take wing,
Where do I go to fly?

If this is not a place where my questions can be asked,
Where do I go to seek?

If this is not a place where my feelings can be heard, 
Where do I go to speak?

If this is not a place where you will accept me as I am,'Where can I go to be?

If this is not a place where I can try to learn and grow,
Where do I just be me?

Attributed to William J. Crockett


Thank you, Beryl.

No comments: