Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hey, someone READ my book!!!!!!!!!!

An email this morning from one of my deputies (Assistant Principal) - David Mills:

John I downloaded your book Through my Eyes and read it when I was in
Florence. What a fantastic read !! I enjoyed it so much. 


It made me laugh and cry in places. It also made me reflect on my own childhood,
early school memories (which were not happy) why I chose to become a
teacher and my subsequent career. 


We have fought some of the same battles along the way. 

It was also good to remember people like Bill Browse and Hazel Sibley and time spent as a young teacher visiting your field study centers at Foxton and Hoby

Roy Illsley was someone who had a big impact on my
career when he first plucked me out of the classroom to set up
practicaI courses for teachers at Beaumanor Hall - where I first met
you! I


 have attached a copy of a document - Preparing for the
Integrated Day, foreword by Roy Illsley, I came across only recently
when I was researching something  - you might be interested in reading
it.


David.

No comments: