Friday, February 28, 2014

It's David Hawkins' 101st birthday today (February 28th)

David..........

There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they've gone, the light remains....                        Author unknown.

My mentor, my inspiration, my friend, my science workshop partner...........

Today I'm visiting two schools, and working with 3rd graders and second graders.
I'm going to involve the kids in one or two of the science activities David and I used when we were running workshops for teachers at The Mountain View Center for Environmental Education, 1970 - 1971.

Take a look, if you have a minute, at my google site:
Johnpaull'ssciencesite.

Enjoy........and, hey, if you're a teacher, try one or two of the science activities.

If you scroll back in this blog, you'll see much more detail about David's life as a science teacher....

See the pendulum?
David loved playing/investigating/interacting with pendulums!

No comments: