Sunday, March 10, 2019

I'm in my 77th year - and my brain is shrinking!



I've been an early morning-delivery milk boy, I've washed dishes in a hotel, I've served delicious food in a restaurant, I've sorted Christmas post, been a teacher, taught kids science and other things, been an educational advisor, a Headmaster (twice), set up two teacher education programs in Colorado, written plenty of books and science TV programs, was a University of Colorado, Denver, lecturer, run stacks of science workshops, volunteered in elementary/middle school classrooms,  and been a TV channel 7 celebrated story teller............yep, I had a decent size brain which helped me do those jobs successfully.................well, I think I did...

Here's what my brain looked like:



     THANK you, Jackson. 

And now, my brain is shrinking so small it can't hold much.....................it's probably the size of an egg cup! 

I'm clumsy, I lose my car keys, I never seem to know where I put down my my Iphone, I forget where I put my cup of tea, I can't identify birds or flowers  in my garden, I forget what I was looking for....................... for example, yesterday, as I was stacking files on a new shelf in my studio, I put down an envelope containing important papers, and it, literally, took me a day to find it again!! And where was it? Oh, in a drawer I had looked in a million times!!

Oh, my..........................I'm losing my marbles......Jackson's drawing would be so different today, I'm sure.........my brain is probably shrunk to this size:   OOOO 

FORTUNATELY, my curiosity is my cure for OLD AGE forgetfulness/boredom. There's no cure for OLD AGE curiosity....I HOPE!

I really do still have my sense of curiosity, though, and my love and delight for Mother Nature..............even though I can't name the bird I see currently out of my window, chomping its brekkie..............but I sure like looking at it.......THAT is not going to be forgotten!! 

Hey, putting my second morning cup of tea in the microwave for one minute, then discovering it later in the evening, ain't no big deal, is it? IS IT??

JUST keep being curious, JP..............................



No comments: