Friday, December 28, 2018

Johnny Paull's Bird Restaurant


JOHNNY PAULL’S BIRD RESTAURANT




I’ve just returned from the local food shop with three big bags of bird food.
I’m stocking up Johnny Paull’s Bird Restaurant as I’m expecting more
and more visitors as the weather gets colder.
The bird bath has just been cleaned and refilled, so I’m now sitting
and watching the birds (at least 13 different species) eating and drinking
their mid-morning brunch. Bertie and Fifi are watching, too!!


Mourning doves, collared doves, goldfinches, grackles, juncos, tree creepers,
sparrows, grosbeaks,  blue jays, woodpeckers, yellow bellied sapsucker,
chickadees, and the occasional very large crow
( I think I got them all!  Wish I could photograph them………..if I venture
outside, though, every dicky birds pushes off!).


Jeannine made some Pine Cone delights. She smothered the pine cones
in peanut butter and then rolled them in a variety of bird seed.
A minute or two past after she hung them on a tree the birds discovered them
- and loved them.


As per forecast, it snowed very heavily through last night, covering
everything with about 4” of very white fluffy snowflakes…..and that
pleased me as my trees and other plants so need a big, drink!

My bird restaurant clients were not too happy, though,  as they had to dig
for the food I put out last night. And, again, the Pine Cones were a favorite
and easier to feed from as they hang from the tree branches.







No comments: