Sunday, December 24, 2017

Eldorado blog

Diane McGregor from Eldorado at Santa Fe thanked you for your post:
“As I lay in bed and watched the dark sky slowly brightened by the slow rising sun, my mind began to write my second blog......I'm going to feed and water the birds, I thought, and watch and count who comes....and find the appropriate words to describe the social mannerisms of my multi-feathered friends as they search and compete for a snack.
Well, that was the plan.....and, sure enough, I filled all the trays, broke the ice and filled the water bowls, and down they came........and the feasting began.
Then, the early morning trip to Whole Foods changed my thinking.......after saying 'hello' to the coyote strolling around my garage, we packed our empty bags and set off, hoping to beat the rush.
Taking my favorite route to Santa Fe down the Old Pecos Trail, we turned a corner just past the Desert Academy, and......saw a dog literally walking in circles in the middle of the road!!!! It look dazed, bewildered.

We stopped the car, and, waving passing cars to slow down, we managed to pick up the poor little fellow and put him in our car.....
There was a tag around its neck.....and, hey, a phone number!
I phoned.....no reply, so I left an emotional message: 'Hey, we've just found your dog....'
I couldn't see any nearby homes, so we decided to take the dog (now licking my wife's hand) with us to Santa Fe.
Then, my phone rang. It was the dog's owner!!!!

As we spoke, a young lady appeared.....it was the dog owner's daughter!!
We quickly learned the cocker spaniel's name.....Latte.......and he was so pleased to see his owner........
Because we were in the right place at the right time, Latte is, no doubt, now lying in front of a roaring fire, perhaps, like me, watching the birds through the window.....
Oh, birds? Nature Blog? Yeah.......8 different kinds came today, including 2 beautiful crows (they enjoyed the toast).....tomorrow I'll sit with a bird book and give each bird a name....and officially open a Bird Restaurant........😀

No comments: