Wednesday, September 11, 2013

11th September - my mother's birthday today

Hazel Monica Paull..................it's your birthday, Mum.

You were born on the 11th September, 1919.................

And Jeannine, Matilda and I send you all - every bit we can muster - our love.................................

Remember when you took me to Lariggan Beach, searching for those wonderful wishing rocks?
And that special day, my birthday, July 14th, 1947? :)



I'm burying a beautiful, much-stroked Lariggan Beach wishing rock for you today......in an OXO tin.........:)

I miss you more and more as each day goes by. You and Dad are in my head every morning as I lie, just awake, and relive parts of my childhood..... I see clearly in my head our home on Gwavas Estate in the fishing village of Newlyn........and then our move to Gwavas Street, in Penzance. I loved our walks, first on the beach at Lariggan, and then through the village of Gulval when we'd look for birds nests tucked away in the granite walls...........and I can still feel the excitement when we saw the water rats swimming in the river. Magical memories.




Taken somewhere near Lands End, I think..........early 1970s?



1 comment:

John Paull said...

Happiest of birthdays, my dearest, dearest Mum.....