Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Ladybird Books - and others - I wrote in the 1970s/80s


Someone asked me about books I'd written for kids and teachers over the years......and, courtesy of Blog technology, this morning I collected as many as I could find in my study and scanned them.

There are more but I need to find them!

Starting with my favorite, here they are - well, most of them, anyway!:

                                                   
This really is my favorite - inspired during a walk in 1970 in Boulder, 
with mathematician and scientist,
Philip Morrison.

This one, too, I enjoyed writing as I so like spiders!

And this........
                                               








There are more Ladybird books..............AIR, LIGHT, and a couple of others.
I was flattered when I discovered that my books had been published in other languages!
Wrote this to support a TV program for schools








Wrote this when working with David Hawkins at 
The Mountain View Center for Environmental Education,
CU Boulder, 1970

The first.....1967......a compilation of ideas for teachers......used in workshops.
1986, all UK state schools were instructed to create a PROSPECTUS
that described everything about school life.
Mine won the TES (Times Educational Supplement) Award as the BEST!


This was one of my Teacher Books that supported the TV science programs that I wrote.
One of my tv programs - All Year Round

My first teacher book for Blonde Press
                                                   

My articles appeared in several magazines





and featured in LOOK IN ON LEARNING, the film that focused on a classroom in 
Mary Brown's school, Melton Sherard County Primary.

No comments: