Sunday, October 11, 2020

CRIKEY!!

 

October 12th 2020


Crikey - I've just remembered that I have a BLOG!! And, when I dug out the access code, I see that I haven't written anything for ages!!

Coronavirus time gives me time and opportunity..........but, oddly< I can't get motivated to write!


Well, I'm going to try again, so here goes:


First and foremost I'm well (well, cranky and tired and old), as is Jeannine and Bertie and Fifi.

Jeannine has been working daily on her computer, overseeing the teachers she mentors, observing their virtual links with their kids. After each 8 hour stint staring at her computer, she gardens, cooks and cleans house............and, needing a new project, is working on painting the space in which we hang our clothes.


Me? I dawdle, cuddle Bertie and Fifi, paint a bit, read the NYT, and go for a two mile walk every morning..........well, not every morning, but certainly 5 times a week. When I return, I have a cold drink and check my email, hoping there's something from one or more of my English friends, and then read the BBC news on my phone.

And I fret about Trump, his big mouth, his lies, and the fact that he has millions of followers. OMG!

Every day a tweet says something again which proves he never puts his brain in motion before he clicks away on his computer. Imaging having to work for me and carry out his damaging project ideas.


Roll on, election time. C'mon, America..get him out of the White House! PLEASE!!


OK, that's a start.................another blog later when I decide what I need to write about.


Oh, one thing. I was able to support an application for a new teaching post by one of my former Teacher Candidates, Catherine. AND, she got the job! Well done, Catherine.


Toodlepip,


John

No comments: