Saturday, January 18, 2020

First 2020 blog...........

Still running my class for Senior Scientists
Fifi


January snow
Bertie
Beautiful NM.........





Well, it's past the halfway mark in January, and, even though I've lived up to one of my NY resolutions (keep my diary up-to-date, same with large Filofax journal notebook),
I'd forgotten about my blog - until today!

So, here goes, let's get it going again!

First, I have just spent a couple of days rewriting 'The Day I became a SCIENTIST - July 14th, 1947, thinking I should send it to a publisher...............you never know, someone might be interested. The original version, a long-time ago blog, was written for teachers. This version is for kids..........I've edited the text and now have to put pictures in. (I'll blog it as soon as I've finished this - someone might read it and give me some feedback, please).

Second, I've rediscovered a bird-spotter book which Courtney bought for me years ago and never used. And, as  my 77 year old brain has forgotten the names of birds, I've started that again and now sit and watch the huge variety of birds frequenting my gardens for the delights I put out for them in Johnny Paull's Bird Restaurant.........menu is quite large, and includes a heated water trough which the birds love, and in which the smaller birds love o take a bath.

And, I LOVE WATCHING the family of 12 quail in particular who come at 8 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. They have such a funny walk!

No comments: