Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Mother Nature



MOTHER NATURE



This morning, as I was clearing out the ashes from last night's fire, I heard a thump at the window. 

'Oh, no,' I thought, not a bird flying into the window...........and, sure enough lying on the ground was the most beautiful bird, prostrate. I opened the door, picked up the poor little feathery delight, hoping I could massage it back to life. 

But, no, it was gone............gone to join the stars.

I laid it on the table, reassuring myself that, at least, its pasing was quick.........I went to the garage and selected a tin in which to bury it. 

Jeannine was in the kitchen..........I told her to go to the front window ...........she did and I heard her shout, "John, John, come quick!"   

 "Crikey," I thought.........."what's happening now?"

 I got to the window just in time to see the biggest hawk picking up the dead bird and flying off to the nearby tree. I assumed that earelier the bird was so frightened by the hawk that it flew off as fast as it could, straight into the window.

So, it was a Free Hawk breakfast..............hey, hey, Mother Nature................why didn't you make all birds vegetarians! 

And us humans, too, for that matter.

No comments: