Friday, July 27, 2018

Reaction to visiting Ghost Ranch


Yesterday I drove about 60 miles from   my home in Eldorado to Ghost Ranch, the home of the famous painter, Georgia O'Keefe. Jeannine is there, participating in a week-long weaving class.

After a beautiful drive through rugged countryside, I arrived in time to meet Jeannine's class acquaintances, admire everyone's weavinghave a light lunch sitting in the shade of a very old cottonwood tree, then go for a hike.

Well, the hike blew me away! The beautiful soft red earth, the aged, gnarled trees, endless mountains, incredible rocks, fast moving lizards, one slithery snake, et al, were just incredible! I just had to keep stopping to stare in amazement around me (um, didn't have a camera, of course...................!!)

Then, after an hour or so of walking,  we did a quick tour of the cabins, workshops, museums, library, gift shop.........what an incredible place!

And what an incredible place to run a week-long workshop for those who would like to spend time looking more closely at the Ghost Ranch world of nature.................red sandstone outcrops, old cottonwood trees, and that thought got my mind awhirling!

So, I'm going to find out what one needs to know when applying to teach a class at Ghost Ranch!!
I'll keep updating this blog as I discover more and more about this awesome place.

No comments: