Sunday, June 24, 2018

A touching story........


photo of a red may beetle

A touching story………..
As I was sitting and dipping my feet into the cold water at our local swimming pool,
I  noticed the large number of dead flies and ants on the water.


Poor little guys, I thought…….all drowned, all dead. What a shame……..


Then, I saw a beautiful red beetle floating by. I bent over and scooped it up.I assumed

that it, too, had drowned.


I carefully laid it down beside me and looked again at the blue water below.


A few minutes later, checking to see if the beetle was dry, I was startled when one of its
back legs began to twitch! Wow!! I thought…...the little fella isn’t dead!


I picked it up and held it in the palm of my hand………...and, sure enough, another leg
began to move………


Then another………...and, a minute or two later, another……….eventually all six legs were
twitching. Then, then………...one of its antennae suddenly appeared…….then the other.


My heart was pounding. The little fella, I knew, was going to make it.


One wing case opened and wing appeared…….then the other!
OMG!!!!


Eventually, the beetle stood up, extended and flapped both its wings, turned to me, winked,
and………...flew off!!!!!



Hey, hey…………….I had saved its life.


Let’s hope it keeps away from the swimming pool.


JP

June 2018

No comments: