Monday, November 20, 2017

OK, time to start blogging again.......



I've been so preoccupied with just about everything in and around Eldorado at Santa Fe, my new home. Each morning begins with an incredible sunrise, each day is filled with the brightest sunshine, and each evening begins with a mind boggling sunset - all I do is stare and think what a lucky fella I am. Oh, the birds LOVE our new back garden ('new' in the sense that it has been landscaped and looks dead good!) and I can't get over the variety. My favorites are the 11 quail who strut around looking as if they own the place....:)

Well, I have started journaling again (the day we decided to move to Santa Fe) and fill in at least a page each day with whatever is going on in my head - but an email from Barrie, a former colleague and dear friend, reminds me that I should start blogging again.

So, come on, JP, get started.

An update from the last post:

Feeling a little intellectually bored, I put my name forward as a science volunteer for the school district, and will soon begin being a science fair judge at several Santa Fe schools. I'm also going to run after-school science workshops in January at my local school, and I have made enquiries about part-time vacancies at Santa Fe Community College and received an encouraging, warm response.  I hope that works out - it would be fun to teach/work with adults agin who are involed in the teaching/learning processes.

Oh, I told the story of Penelope the Tarantula at a recent group meeting at the Senior Center........

No comments: