Friday, March 10, 2017

Letters from a student in my first school





Out of the blue, I received this email:



Hello Mr Paull

I'm Anthony knight , you were my head master at Robert Bakewell in Loughborough in 1974.

I've been trying to find you for a couple of years and just found a website with your email address. 

Can you please email back if I have the right Mr Paull. 

Thanks Tony.





Hello, again, Mr. Paull,

Thank you for emailing me back. Looks like life has treated you well. I see you're living in America. Do you remember me. 

Tony


So good to hear from you. I always think about you. The best years of my schooling. I remember going to your house for tea and all the bird watching we did in the Y O C. I went on to be a bricklayer still at it. 


How's Mrs Paull? 
Tony



Hi Mr Paull


I can always remember the stories that you told about your wife teaching willie thorn and you didn't have a sense of smell. I remember making a camera with you and the snail project a small group of us did with you. 

And all the interesting assemblyies you did all ways bringing in something unusual and the time we went to Matlock bath and we set traps to catch the mice. 

I still have the rock hammer you gave me from that trip. I'm now married to my wife Leann we have four boys Taylor 17. Calum 15. William 11. And Louie 9 we now live in Woodhouse Eaves near loughborough 

I lived in London for 15 years money is better down there

 I worked on Wembley Stadium ,Heathrow Terminal 5 ,the houses of parliament and many more 

I still have the lady bird books that you wrote that you gave me and many fond memories of you my mum always calls you my second dad. lol. 

Are you ever coming back to England I would love to meet up with you some day. 

So how's your life planned out how did you end up in America. 

Speak soon,

 Tony 










No comments: