Thursday, June 9, 2016

Owl pellets galore

Well, Bertie and Fifi were nowhere to be seen this morning so I changed direction for my morning catwalk, turning right not left on the path, passing one young deer who I usually I see at my front door for breakfast.



As I approached a gully with a few fir trees, a barn owl came flying towards me........alarmed by my presence, no doubt, and telling me to push off.

Oooh, I thought..........let's go and have a look.

Under the first tree I picked up the most beautiful feather............and..........an owl pellet!!



51, yes, 51 owl pellets later..............I came home......hands full of barn owl pellets......and filled three cigar boxes and two jam jars.......there they'll stay until I use them with a group of young scientists!

There's enough for a big group to fill up their pocket museums!







No comments: